All ebook purchases include DRM-free downloads of the .MOBI file (Kindle, Kindle App) and the .EPUB file (iBooks, Nook, etc.).
A breast cancer diagnosis feels like a punch in the stomach, but this insightful book by cancer survivor Melanie Young will help you navigate the rough waters ahead, giving you the education and insight you need to stay sane, focused, and in charge. A passionate traveler, Melanie helps you deftly navigate the trip you didn't plan for: your journey through Cancer Land. She arms you with the right questions to ask, handy checklists to keep organized, and savvy survivor tips to keep you looking and feeling your best every step of the way. It's like having a breast cancer mentor right by your side, helping you plan for the road ahead and giving you empowering advice at every turn.
With disarming candor, Melanie discusses everything from medical jargon to implants:
- How to create a health management plan, with ideas for a record-keeping system that will help you organize medical visits and tests while still allowing you to have optimal health
- How to manage diet and health prior to surgery to give you the best possible surgical outcome. (Melanie is also a longtime food professional and certified integrative nutrition health coach.)
- How to make wise decisions about your caregiver relationships���everything from choosing the best oncologist to communicating with loved ones about your diagnosis
- What to expect with treatment, including insights about lumpectomy, mastectomy, and lymphedema
- The pros and cons of different implant, prosthesis, and breast reconstruction options
- Tips for optimal health after your surgery and during chemotherapy and radiation
- Ideas for keeping yourself looking your best, including thoughts on wigs, makeup, and fashion choices
There is only one aspect of your cancer you'll have no control over, and that is the diagnosis itself. This road map will help arm you for the battle ahead as you make smart, confident choices. Melanie will be your ally as you turn your breast cancer diagnosis into an opportunity to learn how fearless and fabulous you really are.